Wednesday, November 16, 2016

~Porch Living in Autumn~


 I love when warm dry weather carries over into Autumn so I can enjoy spending time outdoors.  Unfortunately, this year October was the wettest on record.  Luckily November so far has proved to be much better with quite a few dry days and warmer than average temps so I was able to get out and do yard work and even spend a little more time here on my front porch.

I didn't do much this year but add a few pumpkins and a couple white mums to the porch and I like the simplicity.

This little building gets a lot of use this time of year both inside and out.   

These bistro chairs come in handy for morning coffee as well as a place to sit and take a break from gardening. I planted my window boxes with pansies which will last through Spring of next year along with another white pumpkin from the garden and more white mums. 

As you walk through the door, the corner of this front room houses much of my gardening supplies and extra pots.  We still need to finish the galvanized tin on the roof in here as you can see in this photo below.....always a work in progress!  

Whenever I'm trimming back shrubs that still have berries or blooms this time of year, I can't bear to toss them so some of these cotoneaster  branches ended up out here. 

I recently moved this table in from outside since it was getting a little too weathered out in the elements. This room is were you will find me much of this week as I prepare for a Christmas Pop up Shop at my friend Darci's store in McMinnville, Oregon called MD Haney & Co.

  

If you are local we'd love for you to stop by the weekend after Thanksgiving for some holiday shopping.

15 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh just beautiful. I am loving these warmer temps for November too. Love still wearing my capri's and no coat just a sweater. Happy Wednesday.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. How charming - the little out-building! I think you'd have to PRY me out of it once in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!! I am envious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so nice to see your Blog again. As always,it is beautiful!! I have missed following it for a bit. I get so busy with Country Roads and life in general. I have promised myself to start finding a bit more me time!! Take care. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute green pumpkins. I have never seen that kind before.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous porch, love everything about this, so many perfect French items xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kathleen, what an absolutely beautiful space!!!! You are one talented lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love, love how you have decorated your out building...inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy smokes! Your potting shed is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love every thing you have there! You decoration and styling is fantastic...
    Always so nice visiting your blog!
    Warm hug from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - beautiful. I think my heart skipped a few beats, just looking at all your beautiful furnishings. I love your style. I'm a long time follower - don't believe Ihave ever actually commented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the simplicity Kathleen ♥ We have a better weather in November too. So sad I have to stay with my kids inside - both having flue... Enjoy your weekend, Alexandra

    ReplyDelete